W5

Wes Whiddon's World Wide Weblog.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Even though I was tired from the Dallas to Houston drive, I took the FS-102 out on the back patio last night. The moon is nearing first quarter and I wanted to take a look through a good refractor. Didn't stay long, though, because it was ridiculously hot and the mosquitoes were raging. After about 30 minutes I dragged the whole thing back in the garage and retired to the den to watch the Astros whip up on the Cardinals.

I say whip up with tongue in cheek. It could have gone either way. Both starting pitchers were amazing, giving up only 1 run each. But I think the difference was in the relief. Lidge with his smoking fast ball fanned out all three Cardinal batters in the top of the ninth. And when St. Louis walked the batter before Kent, that wrote the end of the story. Locals are calling it the best game in the history of the Astros. I agree. Now it's on the St. Louis and if Houston can pull off one more win, the World Series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home