W5

Wes Whiddon's World Wide Weblog.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Unbelievably, the sky cleared last night for about three hours. I was able to see first light with my FS-102 (first light for me anyway). It performed as well as I expected. I did a quick G-11 alignment on Arcturus where I saw absolutely no chromatic aberration even though it was low in the west. Vega demonstrated the same lack of aberration. Of course, the fact that I'm color blind might make a difference but I don't think so.

Spent the first couple of hours doing visual then switched to video. Imaged some of the brighter objects that I could through the Sugar Land light pollution. Got M31, tried for M33 but it was very dim, shot M57, and M13. I have not done any stacking yet, in fact, I haven't looked at the images other than while they were shooting.

Got tired and wrapped up about 10 p.m.

Oh, yeah, the next door neighbor has added lights to his stinking pool. And they were on all night. Why in hell do they have to turn on pool lights when they're not using the pool. Aggravates me in countless ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home