W5

Wes Whiddon's World Wide Weblog.

Saturday, September 20, 2003

Today has been

one of those quintessential September days in this part of Texas. Cloudy, drippy, dark. I did manage to get the yard work done before the drizzle set in but it's been steady since before noon.

I love these days, the harbinger of fall, the forbearer of October, my favorite month, with it's warm days and crystalline nights.

Beginning in August, I fight a losing battle with the morning glory vines that push their way up the hedges in our front yard. They're persistent and the purple flowers finally peek through the shrubs where escapees have been hiding. They always bring memories of fall at our country home. I didn't fight the vegetation there. Nature was closer than it is here in the city and didn't require the deed restricted regimen of a landscaped yard. We've been gone from there for five years. I miss it still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home