W5

Wes Whiddon's World Wide Weblog.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

We sang Christmas carols with the choir at Methodist Hospital Sugar Land tonight. I decided that if I felt good enough to write in my blog, I felt good enough to go do something for sick people. We started on the first floor, moved to the third and never went to the second. I'm not sure what's there, maybe ICU or CCU and they probably aren't interested in much except getting well. For a while I got pretty emotional because it brought back recent memories of my visits to Nannie while she was in the hospital. I'm glad we did it, though.

Then we were off to a local home for the party. The house was in Sweetwater, the ritzy part of Sugar Land. It's kind of like River Oaks in Houston. Big houses, big yards, big electric bills in the summer. The owner is, of course, a choir member. One of the more successful judging from the looks of things. I suspected that was the case when he told me his family owns the X-Bar ranch in Sonora, a place I've tried unsuccessfully to visit a couple of times for a star party.

Party was good but, as a brand new Methodist, I'm not use to church members guzzling white Zinfandel. The Baptists did it, just not in front of each other. We left early because I'm on some kind of Motrin cold medicine and it didn't take long for me to poop out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home